Okay y’all I am obsessed with crockpot meals and think they were the best cooking invention known to man! They are especially easy for a college student like me to cook up something delicious for dinner and really not have to worry about it while I’m at class or work. My mom was so awesome that when I went back to school she gave me a bunch of easy crockpot meals that don’t cost a ton of money and are easy to make. They are even great for when you are living with other people because it makes plenty of food. My favorite recipe she gave me was for White Chicken Chili! This stuff is amazing and depending on how you like your food, can change it up and make it the way you want. This is a perfect meal for the fall and winter time but I really make this whenever.
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
Low 6-8 hours
- 1 pack of Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp (= 1 cup of broth) Orrington Farms Broth Base & Seasoning– Chicken Flavored
- 2 cans of some type of white bean– I use 1 can of Cannellini Beans and 1 can of Great Northern Beans
- 2 cans of white corn
- 1 can of diced green chiles
- 1 bag of tostito chips– preferably scoops
- Jalapenos– depending on how spicy you like your food
- 1 cup of Cilantro
- 1 pack of Cream Cheese
- In crockpot put chicken in and cover with water (may need an extra cup). Let that cook until chicken looks done– about 1 hour. Add the proper amount of Chicken flavor.
- Add diced jalapenos (you want them to be small), drain corn and beans and add them in, chop up about a cup of cilantro (chop fine), and add chiles.
- Let cook for 2-3 hours.
- Add cream cheese and let cook about another hour, stirring frequently.
- When done squeeze both limes in and stir.
- Now just get some chips (because thats what you eat it with!) and you are good to go!
If you have any crockpot meals I should try, comment those down below. As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.