Valentine’s Day falls at the bottom of the holidays for me. Like the very bottom. Least favorite. But that doesn’t stop me from indulging in the abundance of chocolate and taking the opportunity to bake cute things like these cupid rice krispie treats. Was I the only kid that loved the day when you got a rice krispie treat in your lunch box? I have always loved these delicious and easy treats that can be made in a variety of different ways and flavors. Making this Valentine’s Day dessert is insanely easy. They’re a really fun DIY Valentine’s Day project to do with the kids too. We all know how easy it is to make Rice Krispie treats, so there are just a few added steps here that are very simple.
Valentine’s Day Cupid Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 oz package of marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Melts
- Cardstock – I chose some fun printed red and pink paper
- Scotch Adhesive Glue
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Food coloring – optional
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once completely melted, add marshmallows and stir until the mini marshmallows melt completely into the butter. Optional, but I like to add a little vanilla extract to this mixture. You can also add any food coloring if you want to.
- Add the Rice Krispie cereal to the melted butter and marshmallow mixture. Stir until everything is coated in the mixture.
- Get a 9×13 pan and spray the pan and spatula with cooking spray. This will make your life easier! Transfer the mixture to the pan. Then gently press it down into an even layer. Let this sit at room temperature to set up a bit.
- While your Rice Krispies firm up a bit, you can go ahead and make your arrows. To make the arrows all you do is simply cut out a few triangle shapes like below. Glue them onto a toothpick and let them dry. Bonus points if you can find red toothpicks or even black ones! This would make them even more special.
- Once your Rice Krispie treats are firmed up, take your heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut out your shapes.
- Melt your chocolate. I usually do this in the microwave with the white chocolate melts, it’s super easy. While this melts, get your assembly line set up. Rice Krispie treats, sprinkles, and arrows.
- Now it’s time to make your Valentine Rice Krispie treat hearts! Dip a side, or the whole top, in the white chocolate, decorate with sprinkles, and then add your toothpick! You can mix it up by doing a few with just a side covered in chocolate, and some completely covered. You can have some fun and do a drizzle as well.
How To Store Rice Krispie Treats:
If you want to make these a few days ahead before bringing them to your Valentine’s Day get-together, here’s what to do. Simply place your Rice Krispie treats in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag. I prefer the air-tight container so that you can lay them out and they don’t bump up against one another too much. Store them at room temperature for up to a week.
If you are bringing these cupid Rice Krispie treats to a get-together, I would assemble the little arrows once you arrive. They can easily get crushed in a container when storing and transporting them.
Where does Valentine’s Day rank on your list of favorite holidays? As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.