Hey y’all! It is officially Friday and thank god for that because I have been on the go, go, go this week and I am ready to watch some hockey this weekend and spend some time with friends and really just get ready for my week. This coming up week is busy with school but also because I have lots of birthday meals happening and then of course I head out of town at the end of the week. What are y’alls plans for this weekend?
So I have not shared a recipe with y’all in a little while but I thought this would be a great one to share. My mom has been making this soup for years for my sister and I and we LOVE IT. It is the perfect soup for a cold and rainy day or just a cold day, and it is super easy to make. Hope y’all enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
- 1 1.8-ounce envelope white sauce mix
- 4 cups of water
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 7-to-8-ounce package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker place the white sauce mix. Gradually stir water into white sauce mix until mixture is smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and red pepper.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in tortellini. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour or on high-setting for 45 minutes. Stir in milk and fresh spinach. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
I hope y’all give this recipe a try because right now with all of this cold weather it is perfect to make. You can do so many different things with this to make it your own and make it the way you want. I will be sharing some new Keto recipes here soon and maybe even some cooking vlogs so y’all can really see each step. As always thank y’all for stopping by and reading! I will see y’all back here next time.