What a world we are living in right now. I was talking with some friends recently and we got to talking about the events that are happening around the world and how they have been changing our lives. It is no secret right now that for everyone there is a shortage of positivity and happiness in the world. You may be thinking, what is there to be positive about right now? All of these world events that have been happening have challenged me to be thankful for the things that I have in life big or small and really evaluate my life.
I have been really focusing on positivity and happiness in life a lot and that made me think about hope and joy. What is joy? What kind of things bring joy into my life? By definition, joy is a feeling of great pleasure and happiness. So here is my question for all of you (and I really want to hear the answer to this), what are small things that spark joy for you? Like those little things that are kind of meaningless and happen kind of often, but still, make you happy or smile.
10 SMALL THINGS THAT SPARK JOY
The little things in life that truly spark a little smile on my face. Or make me feel a little happier or accomplished. For some of you, the little tasks in life that someone else might dread, you might find so much joy in doing.
1. When it’s not too hot, not too cold, to sit outside at your favorite restaurant. That perfect patio weather, can’t beat it. It’s rare here in the South but it happens every once in a while.
2. Sitting on the back porch taking in a beautiful sunset and listening to the cicadas. Y’all know I am a sucker for a sunset.
3. When you come home from work or being gone all day to your very happy dog. Sometimes he will be sitting by the front windows, looking out, watching for me to come home.
4. Front. Row. Parking. Can’t beat it!
5. Freshly painted nails. I feel like a different person when I have my nails painted. I feel very new!
6. I absolutely love doing laundry and the best sleep ever is the first sleep after you put on fresh sheets.
7. A night out with friends just going and eating dinner and NOBODY looks at their phone.
8. When I get in the creative zone and start to have ideas without even trying. No joke this fills me with so much joy and you will see me probably writing it all down somewhere really quickly so I don’t forget.
9. Waking up on Saturday or Sunday and going outside to sit out on the screened in porch and not having a single care or rush in the world because I don’t have to do anything.
10. One word, one sport: HOCKEY! That shouldn’t really shock any of you. I love the sound of stick and puck meeting. The smell of fresh ice. The way the zamboni makes the ice look brand new and shiny. Following that little black puck wherever it goes, hopefully into the net behind the goalie. The excitement after your team scores a goal. The anxiety during a shootout
What small things spark joy for you?
As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading! I will see y’all back here next time!