So excited to share this recipe with all of you because it is one of my favorites that my parents have been cooking years for us. Now I do want to give a few warnings about this meal because sometimes it is not for the faint of heart. #1 it can sometime be really spicy depending on how many peppers you put in it. #2 it does take a little longer to cook because you have to let it all simmer for a little while. But enough about the warnings lets get into shall we.
Servings: 4-5 people
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
***You Prep while you are cooking as well***
- Sirloin Filet
- 8 cloves of Fresh Garlic, pressed
- 1 Fresh Ginger, finely cut
- 8 Serrano Pepper’s, finely cut
- 1 Purple Onion, diced
- 4 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 bag of spinach
- Tortillas—> Depends on how many people are eating
- Put oil and salt in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the fresh garlic, fresh ginger, serrano pepper’s, and purple onion and let it cook down for about 45 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Then add the sirloin, letting that cook down with the rest of ingredients.
- Chop up the tomatoes and add those to the meat and other spices. Let that cook down for about 45 minutes.
- At the end you add the spinach and turn the stove off. While that is cooking, you want to brown some tortillas because thats what you use to eat the Soma.
I hope y’all go try this because it is truly delicious and something different from the usual meals you might cook and eat.