Hey y’all! We are one day away from the weekend and with this beautiful weather we have been experiencing, I am very much looking forward to it! I hope everybody has had a great week, it has been actually a quiet week school and work wise but I know the chaos is about to kick up to a level 10 so I am preparing myself for that. But I honestly cannot believe that there is only 16 school days left until LAST DAY OF CLASS, and then we hit finals and then finally summer time which right now is much needed.
This blog post today is a good one or a yummy one I guess. This orzo with baked vegetables is something I have honestly grown up on and my mom used to make it all the time. With my new leaf being turned over of healthier eating, this is a great meal to make because it has a ton of great stuff in it while also tasting amazing. Now I only used zucchini squash and squash this time, but you can honestly bake whatever you want into this dish– mushrooms, onions, asparagus, whatever floats your boat! Hope you guys enjoy.
Orzo with Baked Vegetables
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 box of Orzo pasta
- 2 Zucchini Squash, diced
- 2 Squash, diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Lemon Juice to taste
- 1 container of Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dice the zucchini and squash and put them into a bowl.
- Toss the vegetables with salt, pepper, and olive oil all to taste. Place the vegetables on the baking sheet and sprinkle a little bit more olive oil so the vegetables don’t stick to the pan. Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook the orzo and when fully cooked drain the water and put into a large bowl.
- Once the vegetables are done put them in with the orzo. Add feta cheese and toss with olive oil. Add a little bit of lemon juice as well. Enjoy!
I hope y’all go and try this recipe because it has seriously been a staple meal in my life for so many years and you can add so many other vegetables to it like mushrooms, asparagus and even onions. As always thank you for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.