Welcome to 2023. Over the holidays, I spend a lot of time getting into the mindset of the goals and things I want to accomplish in the new year. To me, it’s such a time to rest and recharge while also drawing focus on what I want the next year to look like. It’s a time to be creative with the challenges I want to place at my feet, and also a time to take a serious evaluation of the previous year – what worked, what didn’t, what did I learn, how can I grow, etc.
But in order to be ready to start the New Year strong, I like to do a little preparation in the form of sort of casually brainstorming New Year goals. I do a whole thing on 1/1 where I sit down with a notebook and pen-to-paper and write these things down. I like to wait until it’s officially the New Year to do this, it’s just something I have always done. But, until then, I keep a lot of it just floating around in my head, seeing how it sits in my thoughts and how it feels. Does it feel too heavy? Does it excite me? Is it worth my time and effort?
New Year Goal Setting for me typically involves goals of all sorts of sizes. Big life/business goals, smaller “stepping stone” goals, and personal goals (aka goals that shape who I am as a person, me trying to better myself spiritually, emotionally, physically, etc.)
I am done with my brainstorming process since it is officially 2023 but still haven’t solidified anything quite yet, but I wanted to share a few of the things I have in mind so far:
- Grow The Conversation Series Podcast Community: On top of this blog, I think y’all can tell that The Conversation Series Podcast has been the big baby that I have been growing. If you follow me on Instagram, you have been seeing A LOT of this content and I don’t intend to slow down with it. That’s the content I love to create and share with people. Nobody’s story is the same and that’s what I love for this podcast community to hear about.
- Trust The Plan, Not Try and Make The Plan: I am a very organized person and have a plan for everything it feels like. Whether it is content to share for all of my creative and business outlets or things that I want to accomplish at the new house. There has been a plan for everything and I feel like my shoulders are always up to my ears with anxiety if I don’t execute those plans and things I have written down. For 2023, I want to plan less and step out of that box to let things happen more organically and on their own. Trusting the plan.
- Cross off 3 more states on the Half Marathon Bucket List: I have been so passionate about this bucket list and have crossed 4 states off the list so far. I have 2 races I am signed up for already in 2023 but want to find that 3rd state to cross off. This has been so fun and challenging to do but I have found that I love traveling to new places and running in those new places.
- Don’t Ask WHY but HOW: I get very stuck in my ways and want to stay in this box but at the end of 2022 I have found myself doing a lot more problem-solving, thank you new home ownership, and asking a lot more how questions. It has been so gratifying to learn more in so many different areas and I so enjoy that. Here’s to asking how do I change it more in 2023.
- Be Afraid of Nothing: I don’t think we need to say anymore! Going to do all the damn things!
Do you have any goals set yet for next year? As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.