Whenever I post a picture of my delicious breakfast bowl anywhere, I get a ton of questions as to how I make it and where I get the ingredients from. So today, we are going to have a little STORY TIME! Everytime I travel, I come back with inspiration in the kitchen for recipes. It happens everywhere I go. Whether it’s greek seasoned chicken after visiting Athens, or my take on cooking different vegetables after visiting Seattle. I’m always inspired by the food, drinks and ingredients when I travel. Personally, I just love to eat but it’s my favorite part of traveling. It’s always the food and the people that get me excited about a place. Now you make think this post has something to do with travel and it is inspired by that but today’s post is about the amazing açai bowls that are almost everywhere around the world today.
HEALTHY BREAKFAST BOWL RECIPE
While visiting Santorini this past summer, there was this amazing little cafe that was within walking distance from where we were staying. They had all these different items but we were pleasantly surprised to see that they made açai bowls. They had different variations and different fruits and berries and nuts that they would put in. I’m not even kidding you when I say that we had one of these bowls everyday for breakfast or lunch. What I love about açai bowls is that they are completely customizable and can be made however you want it. I am not kidding when I say that I eat one of these bowls everyday because they 1. fill me up for almost the entire day 2. have so many great health benefits and 3. they are just down right delicious!
Now I have made this for y’all and shared it on my YouTube channel and I will put that down below. But I also wanted to share a few other different recipes for other açai bowls that you can make if you want to try a few different variations. If you have any açai recipes or combinations that I should try, please let me know I am all ears.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- High Powered Blender
- 1 packet (100 grams) frozen açaí berry packet
- 1/4 cup 100% apple juice from concentrate
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup greek vanilla yogurt
- Toppings: 1 tablespoon honey (if you don’t add this on top, I recommend adding it to the mixture beforehand), vanilla almond granola, or a similar store bought/homemade granola, Fresh fruit: such as fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apples, pineapple, mango, and banana, chia seeds or any other type of seeds, coconut, chocolate chips or flakes, nuts of any kind, Nutella.
- Add the açaí berry packet, apple juice, banana, strawberries, and blueberries to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Top the bowl with as much (or as little) of your favorites such as granola, fresh (thinly sliced) fruit, chia seeds, and coconut! I recommend drizzling on about a tablespoon of honey over everything. Enjoy immediately.
OTHER AÇAÍ BOWL RECIPES
As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.