Mother’s Day is this weekend and it is time to really celebrate all the incredible mama’s out there. I am incredibly lucky to have the mom that I do and incredibly lucky to have done so many really cool things with her. I know we are living in a weird world right now where celebrating things just doesn’t seem right, but it is important to still celebrate. I wanted to share a list of some different things that you can do this year to celebrate Mother’s Day with your incredible mom’s! It is really starting to get beautiful outside and this is the perfect time of the year to be outdoors and in nature. How are y’all celebrating Mother’ Day this year?
MOTHER’S DAY IDEAS
- Head To The Beach— It might not be bathing suit season yet, but before the weather really starts to heat up and the crowds take over, spend the afternoon on the beach. Bring a book and enjoy the fresh air.
- Pick Her Favorite Restaurant— Now that restaurants are re-opening, she’ll love getting back out to her favorite local spot. Make a reservation for the whole family or grab a table for two for some extra quality time, just you and mom.
- Play Games Outside— You don’t have to travel far to have fun on Mother’s Day. Spend the afternoon in the backyard with a variety of lawn games—cornhole, horseshoes, or capture the flag. Set up a station with prizes for the winner and snacks and refreshments for your whole family.
- Go Shopping— Whether you head to her favorite store or go antiquing at a local flea market, spend the day on a shopping spree just for mom. From jewelry to clothes to home décor, she’ll love your help picking out something special.
- Take A Flower Arranging Class— Sending mom flowers on Mother’s Day is a foolproof way to show her you’re thinking of her, but why not take it one step further and make your own bouquet this year? You can even sign up for a virtual flower arranging class to do together.
- Enjoy An At-Home Spa Day— Moms are the ultimate superheroes. They do so much for us every single day, but they deserve some time off to just relax. Treat mom to a special day of pampering (even if you can’t get to the spa). Make a DIY face mask and set up a station for mani-pedis.
- Make Breakfast In Bed— This is a classic tradition! If you have young kids, this is a fun and great idea and the sweet gesture is totally worth it. Get your spouse to help the kids put together a tray with croissants, scrambled eggs, and cereal.
- Take A Virtual Cooking Class— Master some new chef skills with an online cooking class. Whether you’re physically in the same kitchen or miles apart, this fun Mother’s Day activity will make you feel closer than ever.
- Go For A Walk— Enjoy the early days of warm, fresh spring air by going for a leisurely stroll with mom. Grab a pair of sunglasses, a bottle of water , and keep your eyes peeled for all the beautiful blooming flowers. Don’t forget sunscreen!
- Go For A Wine Tasting— If your mom is more of a wine enthusiast, she’ll love spending the day at a local winery. Get a taste for some new wines, then grab her favorite bottle to take home. Or, try a virtual wine tasting right at home with an online wine class.
- Visit A Botanical Garden— May flowers will be in full bloom, so there’s no better time for taking a trip to a sun-filled garden. Some botanical gardens will have limited capacity or special guidelines so just be sure to check the website for your local garden before visiting. Or, color your own florals if you’re stuck at home.
How are y’all celebrating Mother’s Day this year? As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.