Who else is a pasta fan here? I am a lover of all carbs but I really love pasta. This is one dish that I haven’t had in a while but popped into my head and knew I had to make it. It is the perfect balance between pasta, cheese, and spinach and not to mention just overall deliciousness. What is your favorite pasta dish?
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg beaten
- 10 oz package chopped spinach thawed
- 3 cloves garlic minced, or one tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 oz french fried onions divided, this is equal to one can
- Seasoning: black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking in a medium bowl beat the egg and then stir in sour cream, cream of chicken soup, Parmesan cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, spinach, half the fried onions and garlic and onion powder.
- Drain the spaghetti and to the egg and cheese mixture and then toss to combine. Put some cracked black pepper on top before putting into oven.
- Transfer to a greased 9×13 baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes
- At then end of 30 minutes remove foil and sprinkle on the remaining onions
- Return to oven for another five minutes, or until onions are crisp and golden brown
Notes: How to thaw and drain frozen spinach: 1 Remove the frozen spinach from the package and place it in a microwave safe bowl 2 Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach is soft and the spinach is no longer a block of ice. 3. Place the spinach on stack of three paper towels and then wrap it around the spinach. 4. Squeeze the water out of the spinach. Make sure you do this over the sink and really put some muscle behind it so you are squeezing all the water out of the spinach
I hope y’all try this because this is one of my favorite pastas dishes that is coming back for me. If you have any recipes that I should try out, comment those down below. As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.
That pasta looks amazing!! I love Monterey Jack cheese on any and everything.