I am a lover of food and a huge foodie, but I also love to cook. Whatever it may be, I just love food. When we were in Jamaica, we got to meet the Rockhouse Hotel Executive Sous-Chef, Bagga. Throughout our stay we got to talk to him and he offered to do a cooking class for one of Rockhouse’s famous dishes and we hopped on the opportunity. He allowed me to vlog the cooking class so I could share the full recipe with y’all! I hope y’all give this recipe a try and even go follow Chef Bagga on Instagram for more Jamaica food posts.
Old Time Synting
Serving Size: 1 person Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 oz. Snapper (cut in chunks)
- 6 Shrimps (peeled and de-veined)
- 2 oz. Calamari
- 1 Stalk Scallion
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 1 Onion (Julienne cut)
- 1 Clove Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp. Fish Seasoning, Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Cooking Oil
- Sauté garlic, onion, and thyme in hot oil. Add shrimp, snapper, and fish seasoning. Cover with coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Lastly, add scallion and pepper.
- Serve in a coconut shell with fried sweet potato slices and a ramekin with white rice.
I hope y’all enjoy this recipe and a little Jamaican food! Comment any recipes you think I should try down below. As alway, thank y’all for stopping by and reading and watching. I will see y’all back here next time.