Y’all… IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! “I don’t know about you but I’m feeling 22!” Yes it is my TSWIFT year and if you don’t know what that is, you need to go listen to 22 by Taylor Swift and you will understand! When I tell people I am 22 they are really shocked because they thought I was younger than that (literally have been told that people thought I was a freshman) or older than that. Nope I’m just 22! Man, how is it that I’ve only been legally drinking for a year? I honestly don’t feel older but it is still weird to think that another year has gone by. I just keep asking my parents, can you believe that you have a 22 year old daughter?
Anyways, yay! Birthday!! It is kind of weird because I am actually in class today and hating it but my Spring Break starts tomorrow so I am super excited! I also have a doctors appointment after my classes, so really spending my birthday in a great way (that was sarcastic). I am going over to my moms house tonight to have dinner with my mom, my sister, and my grandparents and then celebrating with my dad when we meet him out in Seattle! With all of my friends going different places for Spring Break and being on different time schedules, I have been doing mini celebrations and things with people all week.
On Tuesday, I did a birthday cycle session at Cyclebar and Wednesday night I went to the NC State vs. Georgia Tech with my friends Macie and Kate, which was our last senior basketball game. And now today on my actually birthday, I am swamped with stuff and staying very busy as always. It feels weird that I am turning 22 because I honestly don’t feel it. Does that make sense or sound weird? I just feel like it was just yesterday that I was turning 21 and now another year has passed so quickly. It’s also weird because I felt like I did so much more because all of my friends were here and on the same schedule as me and we were able to celebrate more but I am okay with this year being relaxing because it isn’t one of those huge benchmark birthdays.
SO. Today, I’m working, and it’s gonna be a great day. I’m only 22 and there is SO MUCH life ahead of me. And that’s what I’m celebrating today. Also celebrating and thanking the lord for letting me be here today. I have 8 more years in my twenties and even if right now is just a more laid back, a little weird, and not exactly what I had imagined, there’s SO much ahead of me and so many future adventures I look forward too. For now, I’m thankful for this season of life and I’m being patient.
To end this birthday post, here is a mixture of 22 things you didn’t know about me and lessons I have learned over the years:
1. I have had 3 different surgeries on my right middle finger that had been crooked ever since I was little from when I fell off the couch.
2. You don’t need to waste your time on someone who only wants you around when it fits their needs.
3. I have grown up in Raleigh, NC my entire life but my dads whole side of the family lives in different parts of Michigan
4. If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it. That means it is possible and attainable to achieve.
5. My biggest insecurity is my arms.
6. The only thing standing between you and your goals is the bulls@#t story you keep telling yourself.
7. I have really small hands, my sister calls them Donald Trump hands.
8. Wake up in the morning and do all that you can everyday.
9. If I had to move anywhere other than North Carolina it would be Hawaii or California.
10. The only person you have to please or make happy is yourself.
11. I’m an introverted extrovert. I can be really shy…. I have a hard time approaching people but once someone talks to me I completely open up.
12. Wise words from Eminem: “F$*K BEING NORMAL!”
13. I have a bad habit of cussing a lot …. Y’all probably never knew that if you don’t know me personally lol. I told my mom not that long ago that I started when I was in middle school and I really have to work at not cussing when I am around my little cousins or other kids. Whoops, sorry!
14. Stop living for approval, you already have it from the ones who matter.
15. I’m a people pleaser. I care so much about other peoples feelings and often put mine to the side and have a really hard time telling people that I can’t do something for them.
16. Don’t stress over the things you can’t control. This is the hardest thing for me to do.
17. I’m like half a girly girl and half a boys girls. I love my sports and yelling at the TV when one of my teams isn’t playing well and can keep up with guy talk, but I also love my fashion, shopping, cooking, gossiping over hot guys, and reality TV shows that are so bad for you.
18. Don’t let someone who did you wrong make you think there’s something wrong with you. Don’t devalue yourself because they didn’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t.
19. I daydream a lot and am always in my head.
20. See the good in all things.
21. I’m a very aggressive driver and always go at least 10 mph over the speed limit. My name in my mom and sisters phone is either Ricky Bobby or Marion Andretti. A quality I’m not proud of but something that proves useful in certain instances…. sorry mom and dad I will work on it!
22. Go crazy every once in a while… it’s good for your health!
That is it for now! 22 is going to be a great year, a year with some more changes in my life, and another year of learning and I’m so pumped for it! Thanks for following me, supporting me, and sending me all of your advice. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. As always thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.