My denim jacket is easily the most worn jacket in my closet. I love it so much and will definitely be wearing it into winter. Today I’m sharing a few easy ways on how to style your denim jacket for winter.
Hello, hello everybody! It is no shock that I love a good denim combo outfit. I have several different denim options– dark denim, light, and black– which all have very different details with rips, buttons, lengths, cuffs, and more.
A denim jacket can be worn in so many different ways too. Want to dress it up? Grab a dress or a pair of leather leggings with some booties and hit the town. Want to keep it casual? Put on your favorite sneakers with a sweater and enjoy the day. There are never ending outfit options and if you have multiple types of denim, you can always switch it up. My favorite brands are Levi’s, Maevy’s, American Eagle, H&M, and Revolve.
Today, I wanted to share some of my favorite how to way’s to style a denim jacket and even some sizing guides that I use whenever I am buying a denim jacket. What are your favorite brands to get a denim jacket from? What type of denim jacket do you like?
How To Style Your Denim Jacket for Winter:
- Layer, layer, layer! Winter means cooler temps, so layering will be your friend. By layering your jacket over a great winter basic, it will immediately “winter it up”!
- Mix some textures. This is one of my favorite ways to make a piece more seasonally appropriate. In this case, the faux leather & fuzzy sweater already feel like winter. Topping the look with some denim balances out all of those textures.
- Stay true to your style. If you like color, add it! If you’re mostly into neutrals, go more neutral. This is a style tip I swear by year round, and will make certain an outfit feels like you.
How I Size My Denim:
- I always look at the product reviews and specs because each brand is completely different and sizes different.
- I usually go at least one size up if not two. If you are like me you want to be able to move around in your jacket and actually use it as a jacket. Sizing up allows you to have that boyfriend jacket feel to it as well.
- Think about your style and what you like to wear denim jackets with. If you like to wear sweaters underneath your denim jacket, definitely size up so you can layer.
What are your favorite brands to get a denim jacket from? What type of denim jacket do you like? Do you like the classic blue denim or do you like black denim? Do you like rips or just plain? As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.