Hey y’all! How is everyone doing today? I am so sorry I have been absent this week my mind has been on school and trying to get through the week but I am super excited because I am working on a lot of new projects this weekend to bring to y’all! I have a long to-do list for this weekend because I feel so far behind on everything that I just need to catch up on sleep, knock this list out, and stop sitting on the couch watching TV and Netflix. I am also super excited because my best friend comes home this weekend and I have been missing her a lot.
Alright so I haven’t shared a new recipe with y’all in a little while and especially not a breakfast recipe. This is another recipe that was passed down to me from my mom and Mimi and it is the perfect thing to make for just yourself or even a brunch party. Recipes like this make it super easy for someone like me to save it and eat it for the next couple of days for other meals. I hope y’all enjoy!
Hash Brown-Crusted Quiche with Sausage
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
- 4 tbsp. (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup (about 8 oz.) seasoned Italian ground pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl gently toss the hash browns with the butter to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Press the hash browns into the bottom and up the sides of the plate to form a crust. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, saute the ground sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 5 minutes, set aside to cool.
- In the large bowl you used for the hash browns, whisk together the eggs, cream, cheese, and scallions. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. Add in the cooked sausage crumbles. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture on top of the hash brown crust. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until set. Let cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve.
I hope y’all try this recipe and enjoy it because it is a super easy breakfast or brunch dish that everybody will love and you can do bacon or sausage or no meat at all. As always thank y’all for stopping by and reading. See y’all back here next time and hope all of you have a great weekend.