Hey y’all! How is everyone’s week going so far? I am in the midst of finals right now and so ready for them to be over with. But as my dad says just have to work through the grind to get to the fun stuff in life. This weather down here in North Carolina has been insanely gorgeous this week, in fact it has been so gorgeous that people have already begun tanning around my pool… and it’s only the beginning of May. I am on an insane workout kick right now and feeling really motivated to workout and sweat, which is what I really need right now.
Jumping into today’s post, to go along with my health kick, this is one of my favorite new healthy recipes. It is super, super delicious and you really can’t even tell it is good for you because it tastes just that good. I am making this all the time right now and it has so many leftovers that it is leaving extra meals for several days afterwards. Enjoy!
Five-Ingredient One-Pan Mexican Quinoa
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with jalapeños, not drained
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can corn, drained
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Toppings: guacamole/avocado, salsa, sour cream or plain Greek Yogurt, cheese, etc.
- Spices to taste: 1/2 tsp. chili powder, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Add quinoa, water, and diced tomatoes to a medium skillet or saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil and reduce heat to simmer on medium-low, for 12-18 minutes or until quinoa is done (it “pops” open) and liquid is absorbed. Add an additional splash of water while cooking, if needed.
- Stir in black beans, corn, lime juice, and spices to taste.
- Spoon into bowls and serve warm with guacamole, salsa, sour cream or plain Greek Yogurt, cheese, etc.
- Store leftovers in fridge for up to 5 days and serve warm or cold.
I hope y’all enjoyed this and if there is any other healthy recipes out there y’all think I should try please let me know. As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.