So one of my new favorite recipes to make during a school week is Cheesy Chicken and Rice in the crockpot because it is easy and you can put your own spin on it! I will post the original recipe but add in what I do differently and what my spin is on the recipe.
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- 1 (8oz) box Zatarain’s Yellow Rice, cooked according to package.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, or cheese blend
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I don’t add onions because I am not a huge onion fan)
- 1 (10.5oz) can cream of chicken soup (I used the healthy choice reduced fat and sodium)
- 1 (15oz) can of corn, drained (optional)
- 2 Jalapeños
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Place chicken into crockpot and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle chopped onions on top of chicken (if you choose to add onions)
- Mix together the 2 cups of chicken broth and can of cream of chicken soup.
- Pour mixture over chicken
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- About 3-4 hours into the cooking process I add in my jalapenos
- Right before serving, shred chicken with 2 forks. (I shred the chicken throughout the cooking process)
- Add in cooked and prepared Zatarain’s rice, cheese, and corn (if you choose to add corn)
- Mix well, until cheese is melted and ENJOY!!
I hope y’all enjoy this recipe! As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.