The holiday season of course looks a little different this year, but we are still trying to keep our traditions alive in any way we can. A lot of places have adapted to make their light shows or holiday interactives, safer for people, like staying in our own cars and making it a drive through. Christmas Eve for my family holds the most traditions but also the simplest. I wanted to share my family traditions but also hear what yours are. I truly believe we will get through this holiday season and make it the best we can.
I want y’all to comment down below your family Christmas Eve traditions and what they look like this year!
My Christmas Eve Traditions
- Family Dinner— There might not be so many of the family members together this year, but we still like to have a family dinner every year. It is usually a massive coming together with my moms whole side of the family. This year it is small but still mighty! Those are the dinners that you cherish the memories that come out of them.
- Watch The Polar Express— This has been a firm tradition for us. Whether we are at my dads house or my moms, we always watch the Polar Express. It is that holiday movie for us that is always constant. The weird thing is is that we don’t watch it at any other time because we feel like it spoils the tradition.
- Drive Around To See Christmas Lights— We are incredibly lucky that the neighborhoods we live in all have great lights. So we will hop in the car and drive around and may even have some possible hot chocolate with us.
- Open One Present— Typically my sister and I open our Christmas presents from each other but growing up my parents would pick one for us to open on Christmas Eve. It is one of those things that we have carried through since we were kids.
- Hill Ridge Farms Festival of Lights— Growing up, there used to be this massive light show that we would go see in Downtown Raleigh. Now Hill Ridge Farms in Youngsville, NC, puts on this Festival of Lights. This year they made it drive through and you can see how they did up above in the video. Truly one of the coolest light shows!
What are y’all’s Christmas Eve traditions? I hope y’all have a great holiday season and in some way are able to spend it with the ones you love. As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading and watching. I will see y’all back here next time.