Hey y’all! How is everyone doing on this great Wednesday? I have been hauling through my to-do list because I have so much getting to ready to start happening with school that I just need to get outside stuff done so I am not worrying about it. Because we all know as soon as school starts that is exactly where my mind will be 24/7. But don’t worry because I am still going to be posting regularly and sharing different parts of my life with school since this is officially my last semester of school.
Y’all know I love being in the kitchen and whipping up some yummy foods and I am so excited because I am finally able to make my own açaí bowl AT HOME! If y’all have never had an açaí bowl before, you are missing out because it is out of this world delicious and super good for you as well. So since I am finally able to do this, I thought why not share this easy 10 minute dish with y’all so you can make it at home as well. Everything for this is super affordable and easy to get. I really love making açaí bowls because you can customize them to make them your own and put whatever toppings you want on top to make it as delicious as you want it to be.
So real quick, I want to talk to y’all about what exactly açaí is and why it is actually so good for you. Clearly açaí bowls are made out of açaí berries and these berries have so many great health benefits for you. Açaí berries are actually from the rainforests of Central and South America. These berries have some very important health benefits and they are:
1. They Are Nutrient Dense
2. They’re Loaded With Antioxidants
3. They May Improve Cholesterol Levels
4. They May Have a Possible Anti-Cancer Effect
5. They Boost Brain Function
Bottom line is, thanks to their high antioxidant content, açaí berries have many potential health benefits. They’re loaded with powerful plant compounds that act as antioxidants and could have benefits for your brain, heart and overall health. They also deliver healthy fats and fiber, making them a generally healthy food.
Both of these places are crazy out of this world delicious but in two completely different parts of the world. Açaí bowls are catching on very quickly because of how nutritious they are and how super easy they are to make. Most tropical places you go to now, have a lot of places that make these delicious bowls because they are THAT popular. I seriously suggest checking out different places when you travel and even around where you live, to find a place that makes açaí bowls and try it out.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- High Powered Blender
- 1 packet (100 grams) frozen açaí berry packet
- 1/4 cup 100% apple juice from concentrate
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup greek vanilla yogurt
- Toppings: 1 tablespoon honey (if you don’t add this on top, I recommend adding it to the mixture beforehand), vanilla almond granola, or a similar store bought/homemade granola, Fresh fruit: such as fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apples, pineapple, mango, and banana, chia seeds or any other type of seeds, coconut, chocolate chips or flakes, nuts of any kind, Nutella.
- Add the açaí berry packet, apple juice, banana, strawberries, and blueberries to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Top the bowl with as much (or as little) of your favorites such as granola, fresh (thinly sliced) fruit, chia seeds, and coconut! I recommend drizzling on about a tablespoon of honey over everything. Enjoy immediately.
If there are any other recipes y’all would like to see me try, let me know I love cooking and am always in the kitchen. As always, thank y’all for stopping by and watching and reading. I will see y’all back here next time.