I’M 25! My sister asked me yesterday if I needed a walker. I suddenly felt older than I really was. I am so excited for another year of growth and experiences and can’t wait to see what another year holds for me. I am not one of those people that gets weirded out by age because I see it as just a number, not as a thing of getting older. I was really struggling with this post because I didn’t know how I wanted to do it but I think this is going to be the most fun way to do it.
25 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
1. My full first name is Danielle but most of the time I go by Dani. My mom named me Danielle because she didn’t want people to call me Dani but one of my uncle’s and my sister grew up calling me Dani-boy so Dani kind of stuck. Most of the time close friends and family will call me Dani now.
2. By nature I’m shy and reserved, especially in a social setting. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve come out of my shell but it still makes me uncomfortable. I was always the quiet kid in school but when I tell that to people now they are like really, your lying!
3. My guilty pleasure TV shows are One Tree Hill, Roswell New Mexico, Hawaii Five-0, and Teen Wolf. Most of the time I am watching my guilty pleasures on YouTube though through my favorite channels, with my #1 being The Bucket List Family.
4. I absolutely love to sing but I suck at it. I am not one of those who believe’s I sound good in the shower either. But I love to do it because it is so fun for me and so freeing to just jam out and sing your heart out.
5. I am a night owl! I get some of my best motivation and inspiration at night. I don’t know what it is but I am one of those that will work late into the night if I have great ideas coming to me and things are flowing.
6. I have ran 10 half-marathons (13.1 miles) and celebrated my 18th birthday by doing a Tough Mudder down in Florida. No, I am not crazy… okay maybe a little bit! It’s that runner’s high that you hear people talk about that just keeps you so motivated to want to keep running and signing up for races. I ran my first one when I was in 8th grade when I stupidly opened my mouth and said I was going to run one to my parents and regretted it the next day, but I did it!
7. My favorite place to go is Outer Banks, NC. I basically grew up by the ocean and every time I get to go back, it feels like home.
8. My favorite alcoholic drink is a Smirnoff Ice Screwdriver. No I am not white trash, they just taste really good and like there is barely any alcohol in them. I have been drinking those for as long as I can remember and all of my friends will tell you that that is my drink.
9. I’m really scared of heights. Don’t really need to elaborate too much on that one.
10. My favorite movie is Miracle (yes the hockey one). I can absolutely recite every line to it and I actually used to run my half marathons listening to it.
11. When trying to figure out what I wanted to do for college, I actually almost went to culinary school in Charlotte, NC. I had always wanted to open up my own bakery but the school didn’t feel right and thats why I went to ECU and then NC State. Best decision of my life. I secretly wanted to work for Cake Boss!
12. I’m super hard on myself. Not in necessarily a bad way, but I’m constantly trying to better in all areas of my life.
13. My hair has only ever been one color. I have done a ton of different hair lengths but my hair color has been one color and one color only my entire life.
14. I am always hot. My sister says that when we travel together and have to share a bed, it is like sleeping with a furnace. I say that I got the Northern blood from my dad (he is from Michigan), but legitimately I am hot all the time! I sleep with cooling sheets because I used to get so hot at night and sweat my butt off.
15. I’m very obsessed with fresh notebooks and agendas. I have to write everything down.
16. I am a SUCKER for a sunset. No matter where I am, I love to see a beautiful sunset in the sky and have millions of pictures and videos of them on my phone!
17. On my mom’s side of the family, I am among 8 granddaughter’s. My Mimi and Pa have no grandson’s, all girls. I truthfully only have 1 boy cousin from both sides of my family.
18. The big question in life: what do I want to do for my career? I really badly want to work in the world of sports and more specifically hockey. I have such a passion for sports and the way that I understand them, makes me want to work in their organizations. Let’s be honest is anyone surprised.
19. I still sleep with a stuffed animal that I have had ever since I was a baby. He is a pig and yes his name is piggy.
20. My family has never been religious people, in that we go to church every week but I still have a strong Christian faith and practice it in my own way. Everybody has their own version of church.
21. Sorry to my parents ahead of time for this one, but I started cussing when I was in the 7th grade. Not to or around any authority figures or my parents clearly but around friends. Come to find out some people started before me.
22. I am constantly laughing and sometimes over the smallest things! I have what I call laughing attacks and when I get going, I get going really good. I am one of those laughers that when I laugh so hard that I may not breathe or will snort, just depends!
23. I have had 3 surgeries on my right middle finger because I broke it when I was a little kid and it was crooked for I don’t know how many years. Now it is really ugly and fat because it has had so many surgeries done to it.
24. Following on the one above, in April of 2021 I had my first and probably only cosmetic surgery on my chest. It was totally worth it but the recovery process was not fun physically, mentally, or emotionally. I went through a lot but like I said, don’t regret it at all.
25. I am an unapologetic shopaholic! I love to buy clothes, shoes, and jewelry. Simple description terms for me are shopaholic, can cook, but hates to clean.
I want y’all to comment down below your birthday and one random fact about yourself! As always, thank y’all for stopping by and reading and watching. I will see y’all back here next time.