Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I hope all of you are spending the day with your families and eating a ton of food like I am going to! But most of all I hope you are spending the day being thankful for everything you have and everything that you have worked hard for. So I wanted to share my 10 things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving!
1. My friends and family. I am always so appreciative of the people I have in my life because they get me through so many ups and downs and they make my life go round and round. I am so blessed to have the best family out there and my adopted family (aka. Kaitlyn, Taylor, and Jason) and I could not go through life without them!
2. My health and the health of everyone around me. My family has health issues and I do too but I am blessed that today all of us are here and healthy and doing good.
3. My job. I am so thankful for the YMCA and the 5 years I have spent there because I have gotten to meet some amazing people whether it is the people I work with or the people I get to help everyday when I go into work. I love the opportunities it has given me to make a difference in people’s lives and to continue to put a smile on their faces no matter what.
4. My transfer to NC State. Ever since I found out that I hadn’t gotten in, I waited 2 years to finally transfer and it has been one of the best choices that I have ever made. I loved my time at ECU and love the people I met but NC State is home and truly where I belong.
5. I get to see another sunrise and sunset. If you know me you know I love the beach and I have spent a lot of my life at the beach. Which means I love to see my sunset and sunrises and living in Raleigh still provides me with those. I can’t get enough of them and am blessed every morning and night to see that sun rise and set.
6. The opportunities that I have been given. I have had a lot of opportunities to succeed and really for work and I am thankful for all the people who have gave me those opportunities because I have really gotten the chance to learn from them.
7. Getting the chance to laugh everyday. I love to laugh and I am very easily amused and it is one of my favorite things to do and to continue to do everyday.
8. The moments I get to spend alone and to get to know myself. I love getting to spend time by myself because I learn so much about myself and really learn what is on the inside and what I need to do to better myself.
9. The things that I have gotten to experience. I am so blessed for all the things I have gotten to do and all the places I have gotten to travel. I have seen some pretty cool things, seen some cool people perform in concert, watched a lot of hockey games and football games, and have enjoyed everything else that I have done and look forward to what I get to do now.
10. And of course this blog. This blog has given me so many things and I have gotten to do a lot of things because of it and I could not imagine working on it and chasing my dreams.
I hope all of you have a fantastic Thanksgiving and spend it with the people you love the most! Thank you all for reading!